ADMISSION PROCEDURE AND CONDITIONS
ADMISSION TO BACHELOR’S PROGRAM FOR CADETS
1. Admission to the bachelor’s program of the University for the cadets is carried out in accordance with the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Armenia "On approving the procedure for selecting candidates for admission to military educational institutions of the Republic of Armenia and military educational institutions of foreign countries" and the order of the RA Minister of Defence "Instruction on Admission to Military Educational Institutions of Foreign Countries of the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Armenia on Implementing the Admission Procedure."
The bachelor's program of the University is open to persons who have graduated from secondary educational institutions implementing secondary vocational education programs, who comply with the requirements of Article 5, Clause 5 of the Law of the Republic of Armenia "On the Status of the RA Military Service and Serviceman" and Chapter II Clause 9 “On the Procedure for Selection of Candidates for Admission to Military Educational Institutions of the Republic of Armenia and for Studying in Military Educational Institutions of Foreign Countries.”
• Citizens of pre-conscription age of the Republic of Armenia
• Citizens exempted from compulsory military service or deferred from compulsory military service, as well as citizens who have completed or are undergoing compulsory or contract military service, servicemen under the age of 23 (candidates' age is calculated as of August 1 of the year of admission).
2. The registration of personal files of university candidates is carried out in territorial military commissariats for civilians, and for servicemen in military units, according to the list approved by the order of the RA Minister of Defence.
3. The candidate submits the following documents with the application:
• Application in the name of the military commissar of the place of residence (commander of the military unit), where the name, patronymic, surname, date of birth, education and in which profession the applicant wishes to be admitted are mentioned;
• Profession selection card;
• Characteristics for citizens who have completed military service (for citizens- from the place of study or work);
• Medical card with fluorographic, ultrasound, notes on other medical examinations, dermatological certificate, references from psychiatric-narcological dispensaries;
• A copy of the birth certificate approved by the military commissar (commander of the military unit) in two copies;
• Certificate of non-registration at the police station of the place of residence;
• Parent agreement for sending a son (daughter) for education, notarized (for citizens under 18);
• Certificate of secondary education or secondary professional-vocational technical education (copy);
• Reference on family composition;
• Copy of passport (pages 2-5);
• Copy of social card (reference on presenting a public service number);
• 4 color photos (size 3 x 4 cm).
The attachment certificate, passport and certificate together with the examination certificates, are submitted by the candidates in person on the day of appearance to the executive secretary of the Admission Committee.
4. It is prohibited for candidates to submit additional documents after the deadline for submission of documents.
5. The application for participation in the examinations and competition is not subject to change after the deadline for submission of documents.
6. To participate in the entrance exams, the candidates fill in one single application of their choice, listing the specialties in any sequence.
7. Candidates from the Armed Forces shall not be relieved of their positions upon admission to the University until they are appointed as a cadet at the University.
8. The Admissions Committee may return the documents submitted by the candidate in accordance with paragraph 3, in the absence of at least one document or in case of a decision on unfitness for admission to a military educational institution or in the case provided in Chapter 5, Article 19, Clause 2 of the Law of the Republic of Armenia "On the Status of the RA Military Service and Serviceman" which is as follows: "A citizen who has previously been sentenced to imprisonment for a serious or particularly serious crime or has at least twice deliberately committed crimes and has been sentenced to imprisonment for a term of no less than three years is not subject to compulsory military service."
9. Candidates take exams in the subjects "Mathematics" and " Physics" in accordance with the programs and assessment criteria approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Armenia, on the basis of common criteria- test "B" of the unified exams, and test "A" of the "Armenian language" entrance exam.
10. Candidates who have passed the unified examinations (in case of receiving a positive score) undergo a medical examination by the Military Medical Commission of the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Armenia. Only in case of a positive conclusion of the Military Medical Commission of the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Armenia on the applicant's state of health, the candidate is allowed to participate in the exam on the subject of "Physical training" and in testing conducted to check the professional orientation and fitness of the candidate.
11. Male candidates in the subject of "Physical Fitness" take the exam at the University by completing the exercises - "stretching on the pole", "running 100m", "running 1000m", and female candidates skip the exercise "stretching on the pole" and instead do "complex force" exercise: cramps on the ground, abdominal press.
12. A candidate who fails to appear for the exam for an invalid reason or receives an unsatisfactory grade is deprived of the right to participate in further exams.
13. Entrance exams are conducted in Armenian.
14. A candidate who fails to appear at the University examination for a valid reason (documented) is allowed to take the examination if the examination of the subject has not been completed according to the examination schedule.
15. With the sum of positive points received from the competitive exams (only in case of receiving positive points from the exams), with a positive conclusion of the professional orientation and fitness, and psychological testing, the candidate participates in the competitions of the relevant professions.
16. The Admissions Committee has the right to deprive a candidate of the right to participate in the further examination if he/she attempts fraud during the examinations or obstructs the normal course of the examination.
The Admissions Committee, according to the registered case and by the decision of the Committee Chairman, has the right to deprive the candidate of the right to participate in the given examination.
17. The following persons from candidates who have received positive scores at the entrance exams are accepted out of competition:
• Children of freedom fighters and servicemen killed during the defence of the Republic of Armenia;
• Children of servicemen who died while performing their service duties;
• Candidates who have completed compulsory military service.
18. In case of equal scores, the following persons have the right to advantage in the competition:
• Awarded with state awards (orders, medals);
• Children of the disabled employees of the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Armenia, the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Armenia, the National Security Service under the Government of the Republic of Armenia, the Police of the Republic of Armenia under the Government of the Republic of Armenia;
• Employees of the Ministry of Defence,
• Winners of international Olympiads in exam subjects.
19. According to the decision of the Admissions Committee, the Minister's orders on the registration of cadets after completing the training phase of the young fighter and taking the military oath are grounds for removing the servicemen from the lists of the military unit, and the pre-conscription citizens from the alphabetical books of the military commissariats of the registration place (and those who do not have registration - place of residence) and including them in the lists of the Military University.
20. Candidates who have passed the exams but have not passed the competition are given a relevant certificate on the results of the exams at their request.
• The candidate can appeal the results of the entrance examination and the results of the competition within 24 hours from the moment of publishing the results of the examination (posting the lists).
• The candidate submits an application to the Admissions Committee to appeal the entrance examination score.
• The Admissions Committee reviews the appeal within 24 hours of receiving it and informs the candidate in writing about the results.
• If appealed, exams are not retaken.
• The appealed score may be unchanged, raised or lowered.
• The candidate submits an application to the Minister to appeal the results of the competition.
• The result of the competition appeal results is notified to the candidate no later than within three working days.
ADMISSION OF STUDENTS TO THE MASTER'S PROGRAM
Admission to the master’s program of the University for the officer-students is carried out in accordance with the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Armenia "On approving the procedure for selecting candidates for admission to military educational institutions of the Republic of Armenia and military educational institutions of foreign countries" and the order of the RA Minister of Defence "Instruction on Admission to Military Educational Institutions of Foreign Countries of the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Armenia on Implementing the Admission Procedure", by the Admission Commitee established through the Department of HR and Military Educational Institutions of the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Armenia on a competitive basis, taking into account the choice of profession and the results of the entrance examinations.