Males under the age 36 years, who have not previously served as contract servicemen and are registered in the reserve, as well as females, regardless of whether they are registered in the reserve can be enrolled in contractual military service as privates.
The following are not eligible for contractual service:
- Individuals, who, in violation of the law, have not served mandatory military service;
- Individuals, who are under criminal prosecution, or have convictions that are not erased;
- Individuals, who are not fit for military service due to health conditions.
The signing of the contract
The initial contract for contractual military service is signed with males under the age 36 years, who have not previously served as contract servicemen and are registered in the reserve, as well as females, regardless of whether they are registered in the reserve.
The contract is signed between a Republic of Armenia citizen (serviceman) and the state authorized body in accordance with the procedure prescribed by the Armenian Law on Status of Military Service and Servicemen.
Contractual servicemen are entitled to:
- Free medical care during the military service (for themselves and their family members); monetary allowance in the amount defined;
- Request protection of the rights and legitimate interests of their family members as prescribed by the Armenian legislation;
- Utilize privileges, guarantees and compensations in the cases stipulated by the Armenian legislation;
Contractual servicemen have additional rights related to the peculiarities of the service and are prescribed by law.