The competition is organized in the following way:
• According to the points received from the competition subjects (in descending order), lists of names are formed and in that order the applicants are interviewed on the topic "Professional orientation - psychological compatibility". The interview is conducted by a committee set up by the order of the RA Minister of Defence.
During the interview, the applicant who has demonstrated positive results can consult with their parents and choose the military educational institution where they want to study. If there are no places left in the given military educational institution, the applicant will be offered to study in another military educational institution.
Based on the work of the committee, the order of the RA Minister of Defence on the admission is issued.
Admitted cadets are considered servicemen, and according to Article 6 Part 3, Article 32 Part 1 Clause 5, and Part 3 Clause 3 of the RA Law "On the Status of the RA Military Service and Serviceman" an agreement on continuing the service is signed with them. Citizens who have not completed compulsory military service, who have been admitted to military educational institutions, are considered to be conscripts during their studies, and the rights and responsibilities defined by law for conscripts are applied to them.
Privileges granted to applicants
1. The following are accepted through non-competitive procedure:
- Soldiers who have applied to higher military education institutions, received positive scores on entrance exams, and met the other requirements of professional choice, have participated in military operations;
- Children of servicemen and freedom fighters who applied for military professional qualifications, received positive scores on entrance exams, met other requirements for professional selection, died in action (or were wounded and eventually died).
2. In case of equal points, preference is given to:
- Soldiers who have applied to higher education institutions, received positive scores on entrance exams, and met other requirements for professional selection, have been awarded government awards;
- Have applied for military professional military education institutions, received positive scores from entrance exams, meet other requirements of professional choice:
- Children of servicemen and freedom fighters who became disabled during the hostilities;
- Applicants awarded government-departmental awards;
- Applicants who have graduated from the military educational institutions of the RA Ministry of Defence,
- Applicants who have flown with a parachute at least 3 times (for those appliying to aviation military education institution);
- Persons who have completed compulsory military service for a period of no less than 1 year.